English as a Second Language: Noncredit (Adult Education) Part Time Pool
Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7089139 (Ref.No. scj-7626)
Posted: May 27, 2015
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSummary Description:
Instruct noncredit Adult Education classes in English as a Second Language (ESL) as assigned.
English as a Second Language: Noncredit
Adult Education Pools
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct noncredit Adult Education classes as assigned. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service activities. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
This is an existing discipline that is located in Title 5, 53412, the language from that section is incorporated into the Disciplines Lists.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Bachelor’s degree in teaching English as a second language, or teaching English to speakers of other languages; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in education, English, linguistics, applied linguistics, any foreign language, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, or speech; AND a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree with any of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; AND one year of experience teaching ESL in an accredited institution; AND a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first two years of employment as a noncredit instructor; OR
4. Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in ESL.
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.