Counselor (Generalist/Athletic) Part-time Pool
Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7089153 (Ref.No. scj-7610)
Posted: August 7, 2014
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSummary Description:
Provide individual and group counseling for students with academic, career, and personal concerns. Conduct student orientation and advisement sessions and help students in developing and achieving Individual Educational Plans.
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct student orientation and advisement sessions and help students in developing and achieving individual educational plans. Assist students in defining personal and educational goals. Create an environment conducive to student development, self-awareness, and self-direction. Develop proficiency and maintain competency in the use of computer applications used in counseling, teaching, and articulation-related activities. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational process and in-service programs. Work with colleagues to develop and maintain quality counseling programs for students. Assignment may include day, evening, or weekend shifts. Be able to perform duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, educational psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling from an accredited college or university; OR
2. A Bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a California License as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT; OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials); OR
4. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.