Applied Psychology Instructor Part-Time Pool
Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7089177 (Ref.No. scj-7583)
Posted: November 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSummary Description:
Instruct classes in Applied Psychology as assigned.
Applied Psychology (Dist-PTF-003)
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop proficiency and maintain competency in the use of different teaching modalities and computer applications used in teaching. Assignments may include evening and/or weekend courses and locations other than the main campus. Maintain knowledge of and ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom, and ability to offer curriculum and instruction through distance education delivery mode as appropriate. Participate in the development and revision of curriculum in the applied psychology department. Initiate student-learning outcome assessments related to course, program, and institutional levels. Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, educational psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development from an accredited college or university, or California License in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapist (MFCC or MFT); OR
2. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials); OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.