ID: 7089447 (Ref.No. 2649406)
Posted: November 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Part time
Job Number: 2015-1603198
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Athletic Department
Closing: 11/22/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
1. Tutoring: Helping students solve homework problems in math or the sciences. Answering student questions from their studies in math or the sciences. Deciding how to address conflict between students or student frustration/confusion.
2. Participating in Training (staff development): We will train tutors in the best practices for working with our target population. Additionally, we will train tutors to help students form study groups.
3. Proctoring Gateway Exams: Deciding how to handle unexpected issues when students take their gateway exams.
Experience and Qualifications
REQUIRED: Current or recent Masters or PhD student in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) excellent technical knowledge and interpersonal skills
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): 1
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.