The Department of Medicine - Cardiology section at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a competent and reliable Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services who is proficient in delivering patient care in a high-paced, ambulatory care setting and general knowledge of clinical/billing/patient care/scheduling/insurance work. Will perform patient care responsibilities and provide clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting and will be assisting in the overall day to day patient care and clinical operations of the Cardiology clinical practice at McNair Campus. The main responsibilities include administrative and clerical support and patient care, as well as documentation using EPIC.
- Schedules diagnostic tests/procedures at St. Lukes by coordinating with different departments in BSLMC inpatient Epic.
- Informs patients about their arrival time, instructions. Documentation in EPIC.
- Orders supplies, keeping inventory, reconciling inventory par levels.
- Uploads reports and billing all EP device reports from website to EPIC.
- Reconciles patient volume with charges billed to ensure charge capture.
- Schedules diagnostic tests at McNair Cardiology.
- Registers and schedules new patients when patient profiles do not exist in BCM Epic.
- Monitors the pending insurance verification accounts the day before patient appointment and collaborate with IV team to ensure patient is financially cleared.
- Works on the prepayment/AR list and contact patients a week in-advance, to inform/collect the balance before appointment.
- Coordinates section's meetings, events, retreats and other functions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- One year of cardiology experience.
- Familiarity with EPIC.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.