Hospice Aide STNA
ID: 7089667 (Ref.No. 18738136656)
Posted: November 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is to care for patients where they call home.
This position requires 1 year of experience and to be registered with the Ohio Nurse's Aide Registry. Please enter your STNA certificate # on your application.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by RN or PT, OT, ST as appropriate.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports and documents abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping the patient's environment clean and orderly.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and interventions.
- Escalates change in patient condition to patient’s physician as appropriate.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification and Registered with the State of Ohio Nurse’s Aide Registry (STNA).
- Caregivers acquired during an integration without an STNA may have a designated period of time, as outlined in an Attestation form, to achieve STNA Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have valid Ohio Driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Hospice Aides only, Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Assistant Certification (CHPNA) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, time constrained work environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year clinical experience as an aide in an acute, rehab or skilled nursing setting.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Must be ambulatory, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the patient.
- For field staff only: Able to drive to patients’ homes and/or facilities.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: STNA, PCNA, nurse aide, nursing assistant, nurse assistant, DSP
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.