ID: 7089668 (Ref.No. 18738136448)
Posted: November 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens, performing tests, and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health maintenance tab.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program. (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical externship).
- MA Certification preferred.
Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.