ID: 7089732 (Ref.No. 18663544064)
Posted: November 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: SECURITY OFFICER
STATUS: Full-Time (80 hours per pay)
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Varies. Must be available ALL shifts. Works every
other weekend works holidays if applicable.
REPORTS TO: Sergeant Torie Biddle
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs protective work to safeguard buildings and ground; maintains traffic control and provides emergency assistance. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Ohio Police Officer Training (OPOTA) training/certification or willingness to obtain IAHSS certification within six months of employment.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Basic computer/keyboard experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills including a keen sense of awareness and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to stand or walk 50-75% of shift.
- Ability to lift moderate - heavy weights.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.