ID: 7089733 (Ref.No. 18725906976)
Posted: November 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
STATUS: FULL-TIME (RF 80 HRS/ PAY PERIOD)
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: VARIES; MUST BE AVAILABLE ALL SHIFTS
EVERY OTHER WEEKEND, HOLIDAYS IF FALL ON
SCHEDULED WORK DAY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Communications Officer provides a professional and trained response to all routine and emergent calls for service. Dedicated Communications Officer assure that requests for assistance are responded to by a standard set by the Cleveland Clinic enterprise as well as assures consistent documentation of all security relate activity in the hospital.
Communications Officers utilize a law enforcement reporting system that accurately tracks all calls for service, arrival and clear times as well as call disposition which affords the department the ability to analyze call volume and type in order to staff in the most efficient manner. This process also facilitates a standardized method for documenting all work and assists in the publication of a daily police/security blotter, thereby enhancing communication with hospital leadership.
- Processes incoming and outgoing communications in the Police and Security Command Center.
- Receives records, assesses urgency, and responds to all security /police phone call, emergency calls and alarms.
- Receives and transmits all security/police multi-based radio, air transport and satellite communications.
- Performs clerical functions in the Command Center.
- Regulates radio traffic by dispatching calls and relaying information.
- Answers questions and gives directions to visitors, staff and patients.
- Monitors hospital activity on closed circuit television to be alerted to any escalating situations or unusual activity that may require Police/Security involvement and responds appropriately.
- Implements procedures for emergency situations such as fire, disaster, infant abduction, tornado, bomb threat, etc. as required.
- Completes appropriate and accurate documentation in the reports management system, equipment logs, helipad logs, lost and recovered property, patient valuables, occurrence reports, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of operation of access control systems.
- Maintains knowledge of all alarm systems and appropriate responses.
- Promotes customer service excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computer software and basic typing/data entry skills
- Ability to speak clearly over the radio system and phone.
- Ability to quickly dispatch personnel in escalating situations, multi-task and effectively prioritize requests and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to stand or walk 50-75% of shift.
- Ability to lift moderate - heavy weights
- Two years of experience in a high-volume communications center, PBX operator, or a public or private law enforcement/ security agency.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.