Associate Director of Office of Global Programs
Posted: December 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAssociate Director of Office of Global Programs
Penn State Abington, Global Programs, has an opening for an Associate Director of Global Programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Global Programs. The Associate Director (AD) of Office of Global Programs at Penn State Abington will lead all initiatives for Education Abroad services and programs while supporting and developing strategic plans and programs for global engagement for all students at Penn State Abington. The AD will also provide support for various initiatives for the office in collaboration with stakeholders across our College and our community. This position will supervise staff that works directly with education abroad and global engagement- related initiatives.
Associate Director of Office of Global Program Job Duties:
• Development and growth of all faculty-led embedded programs, exploratory programs, and EDGE programs.
• Develop recruitment and education workshops for faculty to promote and grow faculty global exchange in teaching, research, and global engagement.
• Direct oversight of international travel vendors while managing all contracts in collaboration with finance, bursars, and risk management office.
• Manage funding allocations and budget management for all matters related to education abroad expense in collaboration/supervision from the Director of Office of Global Programs.
• Serve as the emergency contact for all international education abroad programs in collaboration with the global safety office at University Park.
• Manage and develop strategic plans for increasing the number of semester-long study abroad students. Oversee all of the study-abroad advising, programs, application, on-boarding, and post- program assessment for study abroad programs. Maintain and build an alumni network on-line and in-person for all graduates and current students that participated in education abroad programs (embedded and study abroad).
• Develop strategic plans and oversee the execution of all high-impact global co-curricular programs for all students at Penn State Abington.
• Provide support for various initiatives for the office in collaboration with various stakeholders across campus and our community.
• Supervise staff that works directly with education abroad and global engagement-related initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess these characteristics: excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to work in a team where collaboration and communication skills are crucial to success—extremely detail-oriented and customer-service focused, and ability to monitor budgets. Successful candidates will be able to thrive in an international, intercultural, and highly diverse environment. A Bachelor's degree or higher plus at least three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Three to five years of related experience and a Master's degree are preferred.
Application reviews will begin immediately. For full consideration, please submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workplace.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion and belonging that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, and leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity. We value inclusion and belonging as core strengths and essential elements of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2678276
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.