Postdoctoral Scholar - Pharmaceutical Sciences/Drug Delivery
Posted: December 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Title: Postdoctoral Scholar-Pharmaceutical Sciences/Drug Delivery
Institution: Oregon State University, College of Pharmacy, Portland, OR
College Website: http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu
Location: Robertson Life Science Building, Portland, OR USA
Principle Investigator: Adam Alani, PhD
Position Starting Date: January-2022
Application Deadline: December 15th, 2021 or until filled
Position Description The objective of the position is to support NIH funded research on the development of clinically relevant formulations for Nerve-Specific Fluorophores to improved Nerve Sparing during image guided surgery. This position will support the lab to
• Develop clinically relevant formulations for the delivery of the synthesized fluorophores
• Screen different formulation platforms and evaluate their feasibility for clinical use
• Synthesize and characterize polymeric delivery platforms for the fluorophores’ formulations and assess their feasibility as nanotherapeutics delivery agents
• Evaluate the efficacy and the safety of the developed formulations in vitro and in vivo models
• Conduct a comprehensive pharmacokinetic study to establish dosing regimen, quantify biodistribution, and model the concentration time profile in blood and the tissue to establish the PK/PD parameters.
• Generate and analyze data and contributing writing to scientific manuscripts
• Assist in lab management, ordering materials, and training
• Maintain laboratory notebooks, protocols and reagents to maximize the efficient use of resources
Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioengineering, Drug delivery and formulation, Nanotherapeutics for cancer treatment, or related field is required with a record of publications in internationally recognized journals.
Strong background in drug formulations with emphasis on polymer drug delivery systems and their use as nanotherapeutic delivery agents.
Strong background in polymer synthesis and characterization, pharmacokinetics and PK/PD study design and modeling.
Strong writing skills and publication record, public speaking experience, working with a team.
Employment Period: The position is for 1 year and can be extended up to four years.
Salary includes health benefits, is based on the National institute of Health and Oregon State guidelines; is commensurate with education and experience.
Application Materials (a PDF file) include: (1) cover letter; (2) CV; (3) the contact information of three references. Please email the requested items to [email protected]
Adam G. Alani, PhD
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
College of Pharmacy, OSU
2730 S Moody Ave