Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit Analyst
ID: 7091504 (Ref.No. 2756318)
Posted: January 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603074
Location: CA 94556, CA
Closing: 1/7/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
***NOTE: All new hires are required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
The Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit reports to the Assistant Vice Provost& Registrar. The responsibilities follow;
1. Leads and supervises the evaluation process for student eligibility for commencement. Supervises the processing of commencement eligibility with staff members in the Registrar's Office. Reviews and identifies all eligible students regarding the completion of degree requirements based on practiced procedures and guidelines. Makes autonomous decisions on a a case by case basis for those students who don't meet the initial review requirements. Communicates with other departments regarding eligibility for notification purposes and payment of fees for commencement.
2. Serves as the Commencement Director. Directs and leads all aspects of logistics and operations for the commencement weekend, yearly grad fairs and academic award receptions. Manages the commencement budget.
3. Leads and supervises the Graduation Project. This is a year long process that involves training the entire office and notifying students of their remaining requirements when they do not complete their graduation requirements. Proposes individual plans to help students complete their degree requirements. Monitors the progress of staff members who are working with potential graduates on the project. Gathers, organizers and interprets the data and provides presentations for a variety of departments
4. Manages the student worker staff for the office. This includes providing training on office procedure, of the Registrar's Office. Assigns students to assist office staff were needed and approves time sheets.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): 2-4
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) Y
Licenses & Certifications (e.g. CPA, RN, etc.): REQUIRED: NO
Other Requirements: (e.g. travel, weekend/evening work) Y
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarysjeid-f2d0d22611026a4daba1220b1824dccb
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.