RN Transitional Care Coordinator ER
ID: 7092168 (Ref.No. 21692619056)
Posted: January 13, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Coordinates and facilitates patient care progression throughout the continuum.
- Collaborates with Social work on the facilitation of transfers internally to SNF, ARF, LTACH, Home Care.
- Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing, and other members of the multidisciplinary team in order to effect timely, appropriate patient management.
- Proactively identifies and, in partnership with the care team, resolves delays and barriers to discharge. Collaborates with medical staff, nursing staff, and ancillary staff to eliminate barriers to efficient delivery of care in the appropriate setting.
- Participates in patient rounding activities: daily caseload rounding to establish priorities for self, SW and high risk TCC, multidisciplinary care coordination/discharge planning rounds, hand off report to nursing staff, hand off report to post-acute facilities SCC and PCC, physician advisor rounds and weekly LOS rounds.
- Participates in committee meetings as assigned.
- Addresses/resolves items impeding diagnostic or treatment progress.
- Participates in Data Collection and inputting (i.e. Avoidable Days, Readmissions, Important Message letter delivery , Condition Code 44, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN required within 5 years of start date.
- Current State Licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Utilization Review, Quality, or Care Management preferred.
- Knowledge of acute care regulatory /accreditation requirements preferred.
- Discharge planning and/or Quality Improvement experience preferred .
- Works in an environment where there is some discomfort due to dust, noise, temperature.
- Requires extensive walking, telephone use, bending, reaching, and lifting items weighing twenty pounds or less.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and maintain professional demeanor under adverse conditions.
- Extensive reading, writing, use of pagers, fax machines, computers, and copiers.
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.