ID: 7092171 (Ref.No. 21692596416)
Posted: January 13, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of procedures and equipment necessary for job performance.
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of policies and procedures - Hospital and Imaging Department - necessary for job performance.
- Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives for the department.
- Assists others in meeting department responsibilities and goals.
- Performs in accordance with Corporate Compliance policy and adheres to its terms and conditions.
- Demonstrates a collaborative and proactive approach in communication skills, problem solving skills and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Maintains and promotes strong relations with other departments.
- Maintains a safe, clean and economical operation.
- Coordinates and answers questions regarding scheduling and patient information.
- Coordinates and answers questions regarding networking and informatics.
- Effectively completes and ensures that all electronic data is sent to its appropriate destination. Inspects equipment to ensure proper orientation, contacts service if necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Provides copies of imaging studies in a timely manner.
- Performs routine imaging procedures according to the policy/protocol manual and written orders.
- Performs emergent procedures according to the policy/protocol manual and written orders.
- Performs invasive procedures according to the policy/protocol manual and Radiologist's supervision.
- Performs all special procedures according to the policy/protocol manual.
- Always documents in chart upon completion of procedures.
- Always abides by all regulations that apply to state and national standards.
- Maintains adequate supplies in the work area with items necessary to perform the daily schedule.
- Always advises a supervisor of any items needed from materials management or vendor.
- Submits ideas for quality or performance improvement for department operations.
- Answers the telephone stating name and department, speaking in a clear and moderate voice and assists caller as needed.
- Orients new personnel and assists in their transition to the work environment as assigned.
- Provides assistance to other associates in the department upon completion of duties or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Attends and participates in monthly department meetings.
- Ensures that all information communicated at the meetings.
- Reports for scheduled shift on time; prepared to assume duties.
- Adheres to the department dress code at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) registered.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
- State of Florida Licensure.
- American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) needs to obtained within 12 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner
- . Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Two years experience as an Imaging Technologist in an acute care imaging setting is recommended.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulatories.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests and to work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Special Demands: Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Requires sitting at a workstation or desk; requires standing; work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Work requires finger dexterity and eye hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.