Patient Service Specialist for Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
United States, OH
ID: 7092233 (Ref.No. 21751575312)
Posted: January 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Professionally investigates, triages, and resolves patient issues using the established HEART Model, ensuring patient’s visit is an outstanding experience. Proactively assists patients to minimize patient issues.
- Creates a welcoming and professional environment for our patients and visitors by demonstrating exceptional customer service based upon the expected service behaviors included in Cleveland Clinic’s START with Heart model.
- Proactively manages needs of patients and visitors in our waiting areas, seeking opportunities to interact with patients by actively greeting patients when appropriate, resolving patient issues and providing service recovery.
- Performs patient registration, pre-visit, insurance verification, scheduling, arrival desk and/or departure desk activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience.
- Performs point of service activities: visit preparation, co-pay collection, patient tracking and record tracking ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience.
- Facilitates billing functions, accurately meeting compliance and organizational quality and productivity standards.
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient information including patient insurance, billing, and payment information.
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology, provides guidance, encouragement, education and hands-on training.
- Supports front-end technology utilization to promote understanding and comfort level in use by caregivers and providers.
- Recruits, enrolls, and educates patients on MyChart and Appointment Pass impacting utilization rates and enhancing the patient experience.
- Processes the workflow for the day.
- Supports and participates in process improvement efforts.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Follows standards and guidelines for telephones etiquette and service when interacting with patients over the phone.
- Generates staff provider reschedules.
- Relays staff messaging.
- Performs screening and scheduling of interpreter services.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with clinical staff, i.e. providers, nurses and other support staff.
- Supports and adheres to compliance policies and procedures.
- May participate on committees and have a role in other Institute initiatives.
- May participate in patient outreach activities such as proactive patient calls to assist with health maintenance and care compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to perform basic math sufficient to process insurance co-pays.
- Working knowledge of PC window applications sufficient to input and retrieve data.
- Ability to partner with others as needed to trouble shoot and resolve general technology issues
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute (assessed at time of application) or demonstrable personal computer keyboard skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- A desire and commitment to provide the highest level of satisfaction in quality service, caring and compassion to patients, their families and visitors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse patient population and workforce.
- High level of customer service experience, exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations.
- Interest in learning new technology and troubling shooting to resolve minor technical issues.
- Easily adapts to changing technology, policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated interest in process improvement or adopting new processes and or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret medical insurance information.
- Critical thinking, decisive judgment, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an often hectic environment.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise judgment to triage issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to switch from one task to another successfully in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Minimum two years of patient registration, appointment scheduling, insurance processing or customer service/concierge experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer services and conflict resolution.
- Associate’s Degree may substitute for one year of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for the experience requirement.
- Dexterity sufficient to operate a PC and other office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to navigate various locations and function in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.