Assistant Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: May 17, 2022
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
Job DescriptionAssistant Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
University of California Los Angeles
Requisition Number: 36229
Salary: $6,742 - $18,058 monthly
Excelling in quality, innovation and impact, UCLA Extension is one of the top continuing and professional education providers in the United States, offering programs and classes to more than 50,000 students per year. Adult learners choose from approximately 4,500 classes and certificate programs to meet their professional development, continuing education, and personal enrichment needs. Students are served through partnerships with businesses, non-profits, and governmental agencies in Los Angeles, the State of California, the United States and internationally. Strategic priorities include access, equity, diversity, and inclusion, continuous quality improvement, program innovation and research-based information. Our work is informed by guiding principles that expand access to UCLA, university-level programs, student and career services through outreach to underrepresented communities and populations, while serving as a model organization for equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the field of continuing higher education.
Reporting to the Dean of Continuing Education and UCLA Extension, the Assistant Dean for (EDI) will serve as a member of the UCLA Extension Dean's Council and operate as the organization's Chief Diversity Officer, overseeing and facilitating EDI work at all levels of the institution. The Assistant Dean for EDI will be a highly influential leader with the ability to empower others to collectively deepen UCLA Extension's ongoing efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community for all instructors, staff, and students. The Assistant Dean for EDI provides strategic direction, consultation, and assistance as a key leader and voice on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The incumbent will work across UCLA Extension departments to foster an environment of belonging for all.
The incumbent selected for this position will serve as UCLA Extension's inaugural Assistant Dean for EDI and will be responsible for:
1. Serving as primary advisor to the Dean and UCLA Extension leadership on EDI
2. Providing vision, leadership, and planning for EDI
3. Leading and guiding the institution toward an inclusive culture and environment
4. Advising UCLA Extension academic and administrative departments and committees on matters related to EDI
5. Engaging community partners and constituents
6. Working with the Dean, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee and the larger UCLA Extension community to identify EDI priorities and to articulate a short and long-term strategy for advancing those priorities
7. Developing and implementing a strategic plan to operationalize priorities to advance EDI work across UCLA Extension
8. Liaising with UCLA campus EDI leaders, including the Vice Chancellor of EDI to prepare systematic training for EDI compliance, as well as creating inclusive environments at UCLA and UCLA Extension
9. Create EDI training programs, including, but not limited to, professional development, leadership development, cultural sensitivity, and implicit bias, as well as staff engagement events that educate and raise awareness.
10. Participating in the development of new programs and practices that will attract and retain historically underrepresented populations to UCLA Extension programs and classes
11. Work with Human Resources to recruit diverse talent, with emphasis on growth and promotional opportunities for current staff.
12. Working closely with Human Resources to develop and enhance inclusive hiring practices for instructors, staff, and students
13. Assembling and analyzing data on the status of the institution's EDI efforts to drive data informed decision making related to EDI
14. Developing and implementing ongoing training for academics, staff, instructors and students
15. Consulting on strategies for optimizing EDI in the classroom
For full application instructions and position description, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3081349
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.