Residential Services Manager - 10 month- Residential and Hospitality Services
Posted: May 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionResidential Services Manager - 10 month- Residential and Hospitality Services
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/ for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Residential Services Manager - 10 month- Residential and Hospitality Services
Job Profile Title
Customer Service Assistant C
Job Description Summary
Residential & Hospitality Services is one of 18 departments reporting to the Division of Business Services. Consistent with the Business Services mission, our underlying philosophy is to provide our clients with high quality services in a fiscally responsible manner. Residential & Hospitality Services is a group of dedicated, innovative, and student-centered staff that oversee the on-campus living and dining, as well as conferences, programs and events hosted at Penn. The team works closely with other partners to provide students and guests with services that support living and learning at the University of Pennsylvania.
The Department of Residential Services is responsible for administering housing-related services to the 12 College Houses and Sansom Place (graduate and undergraduate housing). Residential Services' on-campus living options span across Penn's 262-acre campus. Residential Services works closely with other partners to provide students and guests with services that support living and learning in the University residences.
The 10-month Residential Services Manager (RSM) will have full responsibility for one of twelve Information Centers (IC) in the College Houses and Sansom Place and serve as part of a team responsible for the safety, appearance and overall condition of the building. This individual will manage a front-line resident and guest services operation serving varied Residential and Hospitality Services (RHS) customers. The IC will operate 7 days/week, 24 hours/day, including national holidays and recognized University holidays. The RSM will assist in developing information, communication and customer service delivery strategies for all 12 ICs. The RSM will promote a positive image of RSM and act as an ambassador to the University. The RSM will be responsible for developing positive working relationships with colleagues and critical members of other departments such: College Houses and Academic Services (CHAS) and Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES). The RSM will also be expected to maintain ongoing communications regarding activities and events serving the communities in his/her designated building. The incumbent will have the autonomy and authority to make daily decisions in order to provide better service and to meet the needs of their customers.
The RSM will be considered University "essential" personnel and is expected to work when normal campus operations are suspended (eg. inclement weather) or if there is an emergency impacting on-campus residents. In addition, this position will be expected to work outside of regular schedule during peak activity periods (eg. move-in). To the extent possible, managers will provide timely notice of modified work schedules.
High school diploma or equivalent required, with 1 to 2 years of progressive customer service experience, preferably in an academic setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Above-average oral and written communications skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills with an understanding of and deep commitment to service excellence and customer focus. Proficient in workplace computing: word processing, spreadsheet and database management, Microsoft Office applications, and Internet. Desire to work in a university setting, with students and in a service-oriented organization. Present the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team. Possess experience in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating student staff and/or part-time staff. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Functions with a high level of service with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Possess the ability to make sound professional judgments. Must be dependable and flexible. Must be able to develop good working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff, and students. Interest in working in a diverse University setting with much student contact.
The successful individual is expected to support the Department's efforts to foster a living environment that is supportive and productive to all groups and individuals at Penn, regardless of their race, sex, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Working Conditions: Office, Library, Computer room, Alternative work schedules or on-call
Physical Effort: Typically sitting at a desk or table; Standing or walking, bending, crouching, stooping; Occasional lifting 25 - 50 lbs.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Residential and Hospitality Services
$17.58 - $26.96
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3038569
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.