Oklahoma City, OK
ID: 7101680 (Ref.No. 3127974)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy. OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Prepare and maintain treatment rooms for patient examinations and prepare patients for medical exam.
- Interview and record patients/participants’ medical history, vital statistics, medications, and other medical information.
- Assist clinicians in the examination process.
- Maintain patient records and adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications, injections, and infusion treatments.
- Draw blood and obtain and prepare other specimens for lab tests as directed by the physician or other health care provider.
- Coordinate with external medical facilities for processing outgoing referrals.
- Assist with prior authorizations and other patient support as needed.
- Schedule appointments, maintain medical records, and complete paperwork.
- Perform accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Obtain informed consent for office procedures and clinical research.
- Input patient/participant data into clinical and clinical research databases.
- Serve as liaison between patient and providers.
- Coordinate care with other entities (insurance, pharmacy, external health care providers).
Completion of an accredited practical nursing program. Certification and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma. 1 year of relevant experience. Valid Oklahoma Nursing License required. Skilled phlebotomist. Must demonstrate strong organizational and nursing skills. Experience with data entry, managing patient files and records, and medical terminology. Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptive, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to deal professionally with diverse personalities and cultures in stressful and difficult situations. Ability to work under strict deadlines, maintain confidential information and keep up-to-date technically. Must have the ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team player. OMRF has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment. Applicants must have received, or be willing to receive, a COVID-19 vaccine by their start date to be considered for employment.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1408/clinic-nurse/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.jeid-d87400db612cb04394c9813fb087fd0d