Sr. Administrative Assistant
ID: 7102506 (Ref.No. ta221518)
Posted: June 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer.
Under general supervision, The Sr. Administrative Assistant performs administrative support-oriented job duties, to include but not limited to resolving routine questions and problems, filling maintenance, scheduling appointments, reception, inventory management, typing, report preparation, and correspondence. The primary focus on medical student education, fellowship coordination, educational projects, backup for resident coordinator, and assist educational Directors as needed.
- Performs support-oriented job duties to a Department Head or Manager
- Duties are complex and of an advanced nature, to include but not limited to maintaining files, scheduling appointments, managing inventory, typing, preparing reports and correspondence, distributing information, conducting research and computation, managing office procedures, assisting with budget preparation, and coordinating activities
- Serves as a resource to other support personnel
- May supervise support staff
- Maintains office files that may be of a confidential nature such as patient or personnel information
- Schedules various appointments for office personnel and ensures administrative details are completed
- Makes travel arrangements
- Receives incoming calls for office personnel and refers calls to appropriate personnel
- Records messages or responds to caller with routine information
- Serves as a contact person for employees or the outside public
- Monitors and orders supplies for the office and completes requisitions
- May sign associate forms as authorized by the supervisor
- Responsible for typing and proofreading letters, manuscripts, lectures, grant proposals, and medical information
- Reviews and responds to routine correspondence for the office personnel and sometimes in the name of the supervisor
- Drafts replies to such correspondence with minimal instruction
- Prepares various reports such as office supply expenditures and student or resident rotation schedules
- Distributes various forms of information to office personnel such as mail or newsletters
- Performs statistical, business research, and routine computations that require knowledge of mathematics
- Assesses office procedures and makes necessary changes in order to improve office functioning
- Assists in personnel selection of the clerical staff
- May assume responsibility for training, assigning and checking work of subordinates
- Assists in the preparation of budgets
- Responsible for maintaining budgetary records and approving expenditures
- Plans, coordinates, and expedites special activities or projects that require specialized training or creative thought
- Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 36 months administrative support experience.
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in stressful situations and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Physical: Sit for prolonged periods. Communicate effectively and listens. Engages in repetitive motion. Stand, reach, stoop, and bend.
- Environmental:Standard Office Environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.