ID: 7102510 (Ref.No. ta221541)
Posted: June 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center is Oklahoma’s only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center, and one of only 71 NCI-Designated Cancer Centers in the United States. This highly competitive accreditation ensures that our patients receive the highest standard of care and have access to the most advanced cancer treatment options.
The Stephenson Cancer Center is now hiring for a Research Technician. This position provides assistance to a research staff by conducting simple research experiments, collecting data and samples, keeping records, conducting literature searches, analyzing data, and preparing reports.
- Conducts simple research and laboratory analysis to include but not limited to measure and weigh compounds and solutions, isolate, identify and prepare specimens, and collect samples and other research data
- Assist in simple clinical research projects collecting data from patients and/or participates in a study or project
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects, which could include database information, patient consent forms, and/or hard files
- Interprets and analyzes data and discusses with principal investigator. Prepares reports concerning the progress of the project
- Keeps detailed logs of all research related activities
- Conducts literature searches
- Conducts data analyses, interprets results, summarizes findings, and presents to Principal Investigator
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological Science, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, or other health related field. Will accept 48 months experience in lieu of BS Degree
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and regulations
- Proficient with computers including data software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to collect and analyze data
Physical: Standing for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Reaching, bending, stooping, and walking.
Environmental: Laboratory Environment. Exposure to chemicals, biohazardous materials, carcinogens, or other hazardous materials.