Student Services Specialist
ID: 7102512 (Ref.No. ta221513)
Posted: June 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position will provide administrative and logistical support to students and faculty for the OU School of Computer Science while working closely with the Academic Programs Coordinator. This position also would be directly involved in student events; student group support; and be the first point of contact for all visitors to the School of Computer Science.
Job duties will include:
- Perform routine office duties in support of student programs or services following established standards
- Compile reports using prescribed formats designated by the department
- Participate in assessments, including but not limited to management of space information; inventory of items; ordering of supplies; receipt of faculty inquiries for various external orders; and co-management of graduate student space allocation and assignment
- Responsible for supporting website management duties by utilizing the university’s Content Management System/CMS and Adobe Experience Manage/AEM platforms
- Collaborate with room reservation officials in Devon Energy Hall and campus-wide to manage the electronic room reservation system utilized by students, faculty, and staff
- Support the College of Engineering’s social media team by providing CS content for social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and LinkedIn
- Willingness to learn program curriculum to assist the Academic Programs Coordinator, faculty, staff, and students with guidance on course descriptions, pre-requisite rules, and expectations
- Assist students with inquiries, processes, and procedures related to the School of Computer Science academic programs in coordination with the Williams Student Services Center staff and the graduate college.
- Attend student program fairs, campus majors/minors fairs, prospective and current student events, and other events involving Engineering &/or Computer Science students in order to answer program and course questions; present material; and collaborate with other programs in the College of Engineering.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate well (verbal and written) and build rapport quickly with students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Detail-oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, filing, copying, faxing, mailing, and scheduling
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including proficiency with Excel spreadsheets
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions; grasp objects with fingers or hands
- Communicate; including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others; see, including color, depth perception and clarity
- Sit for long periods of time; ability to engage in repetitive motions; may be required to bend, lift, stoop, and carry
- Standard office environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in an academic workplace
- One year experience as an administrative assistant
- No supervisory duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.