Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
ID: 7103060 (Ref.No. 3155415)
Posted: June 17, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603500
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Athletic Department
Closing: 6/19/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Assist Head Coach with all aspects of the College's NCAA Division I Men's Intercollegiate Soccer program, including recruiting and developing student-athletes, on-field coaching, scheduling matches, working with the program budget, complying with the NCAA, WCC, and College rules and regulations, supporting the academic achievements of student-athletes, assisting with fund-raising and marketing, maintaining collaborative working relationships with administrators and other coaches in the Department and College departments, developing appropriate relationships with members of the media, donors, and others interested in the Men's Intercollegiate Soccer program.
1. Recruiting Coordinator: ( 1) Maintain recruiting database. (2). Create recruiting plan (3). Set recruiting schedule for staff. (4). Prepare all necessary paperwork prior to NLI signing day and official and un official visits. (4). Extensive off site recruiting local, national and international.
2. Academic Monitor: ( 1 ). Weekly meetings will all freshmen and any player under a 3.0 GPA. (2) Monitor study hall and set up tutoring as needed.
3. Video Coordinator: ( 1 ). Responsible to ensure games and training sessions are filmed. (2). Coordinate all WCC film exchange (3). Responsible to edit film to review with student athletes.
4. Community Service Coordinator. (1). Coordinate with head coach to ensure at least one significant community service project takes place per year and/ or smaller projects per semester.
5. Travel Plans. (1). Responsible for all travel plans when the team travels. (2). Ensure team laundry is done when on the road. (3). Book and schedule all team meals when on the road. ( 4 ). Book and schedule training venues when on the road.
6. Individual Training. (1). Coordinate with head coach to ensure student athletes are given the opportunity train extra outside of regular training times as long as the time is allowed within the CARA counting hours.
7. Other Duties as Assigned Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA PREFERRED: MA
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): DI or DII Assistant or Head Coaching Experience
Skills and Abilities: (e.g. compluter skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical): N/A
Licenses & Certifications (e.g. CPA, RN, etc.): REQUIRED: None PREFERRED: NSCAA
Advanced National or Premier Diploma and/ or US Soccer National 11C, B or A11 License
Other Requirements: (e.g. travel, weekend/evening work) Travel, weekend/ evening work
Supplemental Information Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarysjeid-e8055f243385d945aa4a786a1f5058db
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.