Assistant Professor of Business Analytics, full-time tenure-track
ID: 7103667 (Ref.No. 3163444)
Posted: June 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionLocation: Moraga, CA
Open Date: Aug 07, 2021
Description:The School of Economics and Business Administration at Saint Mary's College seeks candidates for a tenure-track faculty position at Assistant or Associate Professor level in Business Analytics, to start in Academic Year of 2022-2023. Built upon the Catholic values and 150 years of Lasallian tradition in education, Saint Mary's College emphasizes social justice and global perspectives in its scholarly research, curricular and co-curricular programming. We are particularly interested in faculty candidates whose research and teaching interests will contribute to the intellectual activities of the department.
- Candidates will be expected to teach a variety of courses in the new Data Science Major/Minor and Data Science related courses at the graduate level. Candidates are expected to have proficiency in multiple software packages (e.g., R, Python, SQL, SAS etc.). This position at Saint Mary's College includes courses at off-site locations in Silicon Valley and San Ramon.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate active research on cutting-edge analytical methods in business and its applications to the environment and society. Duties will include research and teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- The successful candidate will be expected to advise students, serve on committees and contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
Saint Mary's College of California is a private, comprehensive and co-educational institution that engages students in rigorous critical thinking, promotes social justice, and educates the whole person. Recognized among just forty exceptional institutions in Colleges That Change Lives—and the first Catholic and first California College to be included—Saint Mary's is praised for its challenging and supportive learning community. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Liberal Arts, Catholic, and Lasallian institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life. Located on a stunning 420 acre campus in the Moraga Hills outside of San Francisco, Saint Mary's is known for its rigorous liberal arts education and high quality graduate programs, including business, education and leadership. Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 highly diverse students, reflecting the College's commitment to the educational benefits of inclusion.
- Earned doctorate in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, Management Science, Statistics or in a closely related field required, before commencing his or her academic appointment.
- Earned doctorate from an AACSB accredited school or equivalent institution.
- Demonstrated track record or potential for teaching excellence, scholarly research and publication in the field.
- Teach, advise and mentor a culturally and educationally diverse student body.
- Appreciation of and deep respect for the learning/teaching environment and for the students, staff, and faculty who comprise it and the willingness to become a stakeholder in the Lasallian commitment to that environment.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working in a diverse and multicultural community.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are AACSB (SA) Scholarly Active.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/91953jeid-61a64e8748c5af4b859375150622e076
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.