Lead Admin/ Fin Coord
ID: 7103884 (Ref.No. ta221509)
Posted: June 24, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Leads daily activities and staff that provide professional administrative support, financial management and budget planning for the department. Provides financial and management support by performing accounting, financial analysis, and payroll. Performs data analysis and prepares reports. Maintains budget and grant administration, account reconciliation, Pcard management, OU Foundation funds, and other financial support. Oversees administrative processes to ensure effective financial management and reporting. Assists with the development, implementation, and interpretation of policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state and university policies and regulations. Coordinates financial transactions for departmental accounts such as purchases, travel, policies and procedures, billing, invoices, reimbursements, and other departmental support. Oversees records maintenance (inventory, personnel, office files, etc.). Manages approval process for payroll, leave accounting/reporting, and other financial matters. Assists with developing, implementing, and interpreting policies and procedures. Coordinates with contractors and vendors. Provides administrative support for effective office management. Coordinates, plans, and executes department events and logistics. Supervises staff, including hiring, training, and evaluating performance. Participates in special projects or assignments requiring initiative, independent action and specialized knowledge or expertise. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required attachments- cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or related field, AND:
- 48 months of office management, financial management, or related experience
Equivalency/ Substitution: will accept 48 months experience in liu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 96 months of related experience.
- Knowledge of standard bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty, and staff.
Advanced computer skills with wide knowledge of business software.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions and communicate well with others.
- Previous university experience.
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.