Parent/Family Engagement Coordinator
ID: 7104191 (Ref.No. ta221642)
Posted: June 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Parent/Family Engagement Coordinator will guide the stakeholders in planning, organizing, communicating, and monitoring evidence-based services with school partners and ensure that they are aligned to specified project outcomes. The incumbent will oversee project management, participant management, and development of high-quality resources in support of the Parent's services. This professional will facilitate the ongoing development of each stakeholder associated with parent services to help team members realize their full professional potential. This incumbent's job tasks will include:
- Project Management
- Responsible for oversight, planning, and coordination for certain aspects of pre-service, continuing education and community education programs. Coordinates the interface between these programs.
- Participant Management
- Plans strategies for community education initiatives. Establishes partnerships with stakeholder groups and records and reports participant service hours.
- Team Coordination
- Works with a team and school stakeholders to manage the development and implementation of community, parent/family and other stakeholder education.
- Professional Learning Facilitation
- Coordinates learner activities, develops mechanisms for initial needs assessments and ongoing review and develops products. Provides edits and formats to ensure that all products adhere to publication standards set by the organization and the University.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Conducts needs assessments and evaluations for purposes of assessing and planning pre-service, continuing education and community education programs and products. Develops and submits proposals for funding of education activities and products
- Instructional Design
- Develops and adapts products for use in all education programs and manages dissemination of those products.
- Develops and implements dissemination plans for all products. Maintains data on dissemination of products.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or closely related field, AND:
- 24 months experience developing education products or related experience
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months experience,
- Skilled in educational program development and coordination
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational products for various learners, use of multi-media strategies for educational products, and dissemination of information and materials
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Customer service
- Understanding of how people learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Abillity to work with diverse groups in planning, developing, and evaluating products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of instructional theories and design processes as well as learning principles
- Knowledge of adult learning strategies
- Knowledge of coaching competencies
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motion and communicate effectively.
- 5 or more years of teaching in a secondary classroom
- Masters Degree
- 3 or more years of experience as a building or team leader, department chair, or curriculum coordinator
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.