Supervisor, MRTP Shop
ID: 7104192 (Ref.No. ta221486)
Posted: June 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Supervisor, MRTP Shop is responsible for all inspections, maintenance, and repairs that are done to all masonry and roofing systems at University of Oklahoma facilities. Masonry systems included are CMU, structural, decorative, stonework, brickwork, plaster, stucco and tuckpointing. Roofing systems included are TPO, metal standing seam, foam, PVC, BUR and EDPM. Supervises and assigns duties to roofers and masons. Estimates costs for jobs, layouts, blueprints, creates material lists, and prepares specifications. Works independently and conjunction with other trades to complete projects. Inspects completed jobs. Evaluates facilities needing repairs or preventive maintenance. Makes recommendations to management regarding new construction projects and remodels.
- Supervises masons and roofers, to include but not limited to hiring, training, evaluating performance, reprimanding and/or terminating employees. Recommends salary increases and promotions to management. Responsible for assigning, directing, and scheduling employees' duties. Ensures work is completed in a timely manner, within budget, and according to building codes and safety regulations.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, and reviews the technical maintenance work and installation services rendered by unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled workers.
- Responsible for requisitions. Accounts for all materials and equipment to be use on projects.
- Assigns personnel to various work locations based on schedule requirements and knowledge of individual capabilities of respective employees
- Makes accurate estimates related to all forms of work performed
- Develops work procedures and schedules and assists in selection, procurement, and delivery of necessary materials or supplies to job sites to prevent interruption of work in progress. Assists in determining the proper location and method of storage of supplies and/or equipment.
- Provides leadership and training to ensure quality completion of work assignments. Sets example of and provides measures for proper safety procedures at all times.
- Provides leadership and training necessary to ensure quality completion of work assignments
- Gathers and/or disseminates a wide variety of information, including standard information regarding policy and procedure to employees, other departments, and/or to the public.
- Ensures that personnel supervised are informed of and adhere to established health and safety practices associated with assigned tasks.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating staff.
- Participates in training and educational activities. May train others on procedures and the proper operation of equipment.
- May assign employees to ice and snow removal from sidewalks, streets, and parking areas. Determines and assigns hand tools or heavy equipment to be used for the snow and ice removal.
- Continues to stay abreast of changing technologies, procedures, products by reading trade journals and attending workshops or seminars.
- Recommends and oversees internal operating procedures.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED; AND
48 months of related experience, including 12 months of leadership experience.
Uses tools or equipment with expertise acquired through extensive experience and/or specialized training
Reads and interprets complex written or printed materials, such as blueprints, building plans
Uses oral and written communication as required to train and direct others or give and explain complex instructions
Performs recordkeeping operations requiring logging
Valid Oklahoma Driver's License in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days from hire date.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
- Holding heavy equipment.
- Frequent lifting and carrying loads in excess of 50 lbs.
- Regular exposure to safety hazards.
- Regular exposure to odors and noise.
- Regular exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Regular exposure to deadlines, interruptions, and pressure to meet productivity standards.
- May be designated as an "essential position" during emergency closures.
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies.
- Experience with Commercial Roofing: TPO, Metal Standing Seam, Foam, PVC, BUR and EPDM.
- Experience with Commercial Masonry: CMU, Structural, Decorative, Stonework, Brickwork, Plaster, Stucco, and Tuckpointing
Supervision: Primary Supervisor
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.