Senior Patient Account Representative - Patient Accounts
ID: 7104298 (Ref.No. ta220878)
Posted: June 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer. We are looking for a Senior Patient Account Rep to join the team
This position under general supervision, may participate in any or all aspects of the patient processing and accounts receivable functions of the organizations including billing, charge entry, collection, registrations, scheduling, follow-up, coding, payment posting and credit balance resolution. May reconcile daily system receivables reports. May balance monthly transactions and provide summaries to department supervisor and administration.
- Patient scheduling/registration. Review patient screening records and extracts relevant information. Records patient identification and demographic information in the computerized billing system. Contacts agency representatives to verify type and extent of coverage.
- Charge entry. Performs preliminary review of source documents to determine that sufficient data are present for processing. Using alphanumeric keyboard transcribes and/or verifies data from source documents to the medium used for entering data into the computer. Batch charges. Generate cash totals. Enter charges. Balance by comparing batch proofs to source documents.
- Billing. Works with all areas of the organization in getting any necessary or requested documentation for patients, insurance carriers or other areas. May interact with necessary department patient accounting or records personnel to obtain patient demographic or other billing information. Operates current information system terminal to obtain patient information, patient insurance information and status of approvals or denials. Completes processing of all patient documents received on a daily basis. Assists in resolving department problems with current software billing used. Maintains records of charges, payments and/or issue payment receipts.
- Collection. Answers patient’s questions regarding statements, agency coverage, etc. Handles correspondence regarding collection activity and records results. Identify patient accounts for collection action when accounts become delinquent or when unable to contact patient or responsible party. May receive patient payments and/or issue payment receipts. Initiate and monitor financial planning for patients.
- Coding. Record CDT codes on billing forms. Record CDT codes on billing forms.
- Follow-up. Initiates contact with patients and /or third party carriers if there is a delay in responding to statements or claims. May process incoming and outgoing mail. May receive incoming telephone calls and resolve issues communicated. Records results of mail and telephone contacts on the computer billing system. Contacts insurance carriers regarding non-payment and/or improper payment of claims. Reviews denials. Interfaces with patients, dentists, and others regarding professional billing operations and funds.
- Payment Posting. Post receipts to proper patient accounts, post denials, compare batch proofs and source documents for accuracy.
- Reporting. Assists in reviewing and balancing the current software transactions reports for administration. Reconciles and balances daily current software receivables reports. Prepares and processes deposits for the department. Prepares billing statements from statistical data.
- Credit balance resolution: Review daily billing and accounts receivable credit balance reports. Prepare daily refund check requests. Prepare other daily credit balances other than refunds. Post refund checks to patient accounts. Mail refund checks with supporting documentation.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 24 months experience in Medical Billing, Medical Collections, and Medical Billing Systems (IDX or other billing system).
- Knowledge of medical terminology and billing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Standard Clinic Environment