Assistant Technical Services Director, Lloyd Noble Center
ID: 7104374 (Ref.No. ta221725)
Posted: June 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The purpose of the role of the Assistant Technical Services Director is to aid in all aspects of event production at the Lloyd Noble Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring all facility and event technical production requirements are met in a timely, safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. The Assistant Technical Services Director assists with event production planning and execution.
Additionally, the Assistant Technical Services Director must demonstrate personal accountability, including (1) compliance with the compliance staff directives and (2) adherence to Athletics Department and University policies as well as NCAA and Big 12 Conference rules and regulations.
- Assists the Technical Services Director with all event set up and break down activities including changeovers or conversions at the Lloyd Noble Center for all OU athletic and non-athletic programming event requirements
- Serves as the main steward for event changeovers or conversions
- Oversees the scheduling and management of temporary and student labor and show labor such as stagehands
- Oversees event day logistics including but not limited to communicating effectively with both support staff, contractors, various department personnel, or vendors
- Secondary CAD contact for event layouts
- Represents the Lloyd Noble Center in various event planning meetings with clients to ensure technical services department understands and delivers on event needs
- Manages the Lloyd Noble Center equipment check-in out program, oversees inventory management levels, and recommends action for replacements
- Oversees the creation and upkeep of the Lloyd Noble Center Technical Production Guide
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and events
- Performs all duties deemed necessary by the Lloyd Noble Center Director
Required Education: High school diploma or GED, AND:
- 18 Months houskeeping or custodial experience, including 6 months supervisory
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Customer service
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements such as the strength to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Willingness to work overnights, odd hours, weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime
- Valid Driver's License
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Lifting and carrying loads up to 100 lbs.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in event set up and break down and changeovers at arena, convention center, stadium, or hotel conference center
- At least 1 year of work crew supervisory experience
- Forklift operator license
- Stagehand certification
- AutoCAD certification
- Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP)
- Associate degree
- Work experience in Events or Facilities Management
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.