Clinical Social Worker- TULSA
ID: 7104489 (Ref.No. ta221689)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Clinical Social Worker
- Under limited supervision, provides social services including counseling, intervention, support, discharge planning, referrals, and psychosocial evaluations.
- May supervise other social work staff and health providers.
- Conducts evaluations with inpatients and outpatients to ascertain treatment objectives and collect information pertinent to diagnosis, care, and navigation through the service systems.
- Manages complex patient population through the system including inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Conducts high risk case findings and provides crisis counseling to patients, families or caregivers.
- Develops a patient’s and new applicant’s social history with a social assessment.
- Presents findings and recommendations to providers involved in patient care.
- Maintains data on numbers of patients or applicants served and the types of services provided.
- May prepare statistics to include but not limited to referrals, extended stay, patient care outcomes, and other concerns. ·
- Provides liaison service, support, and referrals to hospital resources and community agencies.
- Acts as a patient advocate for issues related to decision making, end-of-life care, realistic goal setting and resolution of ethical dilemmas.
- Participates in staff conferences to identify appropriate decision maker(s) if patient is without capacity, educating all in patient’s rights and encouraging participation in decision making and care.
- Ensures psychosocial issues are addressed and complex discharge or other needs are effectively managed and completed. ·
- Participates in clinic or service line activities, i.e., consultation teams, collaborative practice meetings, outpatient clinic, Ethics Committee, quality improvement, and organ donor awareness events.
- Complies with all federal and state regulations and university policy.
- Complies with medical and legal reporting standards.
- Documents medical records and/or case notes and educates other professionals with reporting responsibilities. ·
- Provides therapeutic interventions to patients and develops collaborative treatment plans.
- Monitors patient outcomes with regard to therapeutic goals.
- Provides behavioral interventions to support patient change.
- Develops and facilitates patient support groups. Provides supportive counseling for the patient’s family and/or caregiver.
- Documents counseling services appropriately in EMR per billing standards.
- Conducts high social risk case findings and provides crisis counseling to patients and families regarding vulnerable adult or child abuse or neglect, physical abuse and documents during the sessions.
- Provides assessment and intervention on situations of suicidality or self-harm and refers to appropriate level of care.
- Assists with department goal setting cost containment and ensures clinics maintain quality and meet financial goals.
- Submits production goal data to management, which includes billable services information.
- Utilizes available information to evaluate the effectiveness of services provided in producing the desired outcomes and makes adjustments in patient care.
- Participates in QI projects, which may affect patient outcomes when concerned with behavior health measures or social determinants of health.
- May prepare statistics, analysis, and evaluate concerning referrals, extended stay, and other information.
- Instructs staff, medical students, residents, other health professionals, and community on the integration of behavioral health into the clinical practice, social determinants of health, mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding social work and health care.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Environmental: Standard Office Environment.
- Required: 36 months social work experience in an outpatient environment.
- Required: Master’s Degree in Social Work
Certifications or Licenses:
- Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) from the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers.
- Credentialed provider with OU Physicians and/or Oklahoma University Medical Institute (OUMI) to be obtained within 30 days of hire date in this position.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications to be obtained within 30 days of the hire date in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of social and psychological casework.
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid laws and guidelines, managed care contracts and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of community resources to maximize benefits to the patient.
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities to enhance knowledge of programs, articles, education, or community projects.
- Ability to analyze and interpret a situation in order to determine a course of action to be taken.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve the quality of the social services.
- Ability to research and provide information, consultation, and professional support to team members.
- Ability to explain technical data to patients, family members or caregivers.
- Excellent communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.