STUDENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
ID: 7104494 (Ref.No. ta221639)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Student Services Specialist will provide professional reception and administrative support to the school programs, faculty, and students.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet visitors and guests.
- Support the activities of the Graduate Liaison and Graduate Studies Committee.
- Manage the departmental email.
- Effectively use numerous software programs including Word, Excel, databases, etc.
- Coordinate with other Shared Business Service Center, Dean's Office as well as other office's across campus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and over email.
- Manage special projects and special events as assigned.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General office and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Must be detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Regular pressure to meet productivity standards; frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods; requires contact with other departments and university officials, may be required to lift and move items up to 25 lbs, bend, stoop, carry, engage in repetitive motion and communicate effectively.
- 24 months administrative support-related experience
- 12 month's university experience
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.