Staff Research Associate
ID: 7104495 (Ref.No. ta221706)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer. We are looking for a Staff Research Associate to join our team!
- Conducts ongoing research projects, and manages research staff. Constructs tests or assists in the construction of tests
- Responsible for the final design of research studies
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects
- Conducts and directs analyses of data. Interprets, draws conclusions, and documents
- Prepares final versions of reports to be submitted for publication
- Presents research material to fellow researchers, committees, faculty, and at conferences
- Keeps record of information obtained during research
- May include a database of information or hard files
- Conducts research of the literature. Independently conducts technical research
- Collaborates with other researchers
- Supervises a staff of research assistants and technicians
- Responsible for hiring and firing, training, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining, and delegating tasks, and overseeing work
- Manages the research laboratory or section
- Interacts with funding source to ensure status is maintained
- Prepares budget including anticipating staffing needs and setting salaries
- Sets major goals for the laboratory, ensures goals are met, and makes necessary adjustments
- Discusses with Principal Investigator
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Master's Degree in a Biological Science, Physical Science, Chemistry, or related field.
Experience: 60 months research specialty experience.
Equivalencies/Substitution: Will accept a Ph.D. 36 months experience as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
- Physical: Standing for long periods of time. Manual dexterity. Stooping, bending, reaching, walking, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Environmental: Exposure to blood borne pathogens, carcinogens, and chemicals.
- 12 months of supervisory experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.