Talent Acquisition Specialist
ID: 7104496 (Ref.No. ta221723)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At the University of Oklahoma, we are always looking to strengthen our organization by adding the best available talent to our staff. We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist and Recruiter to help us source, identify, screen, and hire individuals for various roles at the university. You will directly impact one of our most valuable assets, our people. The Talent Acquisition Specialist's primary responsibility is customer service to both internal and external customers. The role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills as you will often be asked to work closely with others across different departments. If this job description speaks to you and you have a passion for people, we would love for you to join our family here at the University of Oklahoma!
- Provides requisition and applicant management and customer service support to applicants and departmental users.
- Posts requisitions, to include but not limited to proofreading, cross checking information, and creating prescreening questions.
- Manages job listings and candidate referrals for students and staff positions.
- Determine if the candidate meets the minimum qualifications
- Communicates with hiring departments, applicants, and completing hires.
- Works with departments to move qualified applicants through the hiring process. Assists recruiting assistants and hiring managers on ways to improve job listings and follow-up with expired listings.
- Helps departmental users with questions and troubleshoots technical issues.
- Conducts background and driver's license checks to include but not limited to processing requests, communicating with hiring departments and applicants, working with vendor on problems, and filing documents.
- Provides support to hiring programs such as PEAK, Work-Study, Learn & Earn Student Jobs, OU Connect service listings, and the Student Job Location Program.
- Provides recruiting system support, assisting applicants with questions around document issues, hiring process, resume, and cover letter guidance.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Identify recruiting opportunities by researching new sources for talent, cultivating relationships with industry professionals, and networking with college placement officers and staffing company personnel.
- Establish and grow our online recruiting presence.
- Participates in special projects.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 12 months of human resources, recruiting, or related experience
Equivalencies: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree for a total of 60 months related experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact with a diverse customer base, including students, hiring managers and the general public
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to build rapport with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Works well under pressure
- Experience using the Taleo applicant tracking system
- Human Resources Recruiting
- SHRM certification
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions and communicate effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.