Sr Student Program Coordinator
ID: 7104497 (Ref.No. ta221699)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OUHSC is Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OUHSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer. We are looking for a Senior Student Program Coordinator to join our administrative team. In addition, this position may be eligible for a hybrid/remote work arrangement following the completion of 90 days employment.
- Designs, implements, and manages designated student programs and services
- Assists with program planning, development, and delivery
- Develops promotional materials and marketing strategies
- Plans and coordinates activities, events, or special projects
- Researches, collects, and analyzes data or information and prepares reports or responses to inquiries
- Serves as liaison with offices on and off campus
- Provides information and counseling to students, facilitating support groups, and advising student organizations
- Resolves academic problems and evaluates students for proper placement in class levels
- Conducts workshops, seminars, classes, and other special programs for students
- Oversees data and record maintenance, to include but not limited to student files, inventory, personnel, and other office files
- Attends events or meetings and serves on committees
- May assist in the management of day-to-day operations or supervise program staff
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 12 months in student programming, student services, or closely related experience.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 60 months experience.
- Ability to work independently to ensure work is completed in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing
- Advanced composition and proofreading skills
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to communicate well and build rapport with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal regulations
- Physical: Able to work in a sitting position. Manual dexterity and engage in repetitive motion. Use of computer and telephone.
- Environmental: Standard office environment.
- Prior OU Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.