Postdoctoral Fellow – Liangqi (Frank) Xie Lab
ID: 7104954 (Ref.No. ccf16205030)
Posted: July 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Xie lab at Lerner Research Institute at Cleveland Clinic is recruiting enthusiastic and motivated postdoctoral researchers to join us to study genome structure, dynamics and regulatory mechanisms in cancer and infection disease.
We integrate cutting-edge super-resolution imaging (Xie et al., Nature Methods, 2020), live cell single molecule imaging (Xie et al., Genes & Development, 2017; Knight, Xie et al., Science, 2015) with modern genomics and genome engineering approaches to study the 4D architecture and dynamics of the mammalian genome (Xie et al., Mol.Sys.Bio, 2021) and the fundamental genome regulatory mechanisms in cancer evolution and infection diseases (King*, Yost*, Xie* et al., Nature, 2021). We seek to understand how the epigenetic network (e.g., writers, reader, effectors), particularly the BET family proteins, regulate the basic genome structure and function (Xie et al, Nature Genetics, 2022, in press) in human development and diseases with the hope of discovering novel druggable targets to improve cancer therapeutics and to fight against infection. We are also interested in tool development to label, image and manipulate the human genome to improve disease diagnosis and in dissecting the interplay between genome regulation and other fundamental cellular processes (e.g., immune response).
Preference will be given to self-driven and detail-orientated candidates. Prior experiences in molecular biology, cell biology, animal models and computation (e.g., Matlab, Python, R) are advantageous.
Successful candidates will perform mentored independent research, lead cutting-edge projects, acquire state-of-the-art imaging experiences and participate in guided collaborations, with the encouragement for developing unconventional ideas, risky projects and interdisciplinary approaches. We anticipate the trainees to develop multidisciplinary mindsets to solve important biomedical questions and equip with critical thinking, excellent communication and presentation skills for their next level of career advancement.
Principal Investigator: Liangqi (Frank) Xie, Ph.D.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cancer Biology, Infection Biology
Lab Research Topics:
- 4D genome organization in cancer and infection
- Super-resolution imaging
- Live cell single molecule imaging
- Gene regulation
- Multi-omics integration
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://frankxielab.com/ or contact [email protected] or [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Mentored research
- Guided collaborations
- Assist in lab operations and microscope maintenance
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- 1st author peer-reviewed publication(s)
- Good English communication skills
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Frank Xie at [email protected].
- Reference list
- Brief research summary and interested research direction
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Cancer, Infection diseases
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.