ID: 7107434 (Ref.No. ta221226)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs routine cleaning in offices and public access areas within Oklahoma Memorial Union. Performs building maintenance duties, such as cleaning, changing light bulbs, light painting, etc. and inspects work environment to determine any repairs.
- Mops, sweeps, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, equipment, etc.
- Locks and unlocks offices, classrooms, and conference areas. Contacts with others are of a routine nature.
- Collects and disposes of waste paper and refuse.
- Vacuums carpeted areas where applicable.
- Maintains lavatories and rest rooms in a sanitary condition.
- May shovel snow from doorways and sidewalks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: No Formal Education
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Customer Service
- Ability to safely and accurately use assorted chemicals and cleaning appliances
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Mopping, sweeping, waxing, and polishing floors.
- Cleaning and dusting of furniture and any wood work.
- Collection and disposing of wastepaper and refuse.
- Vacuuming carpeted areas.
- Maintenance of lavatories and rest rooms.
- Shoveling of snow from doorways and sidewalks.
- Lifting and carrying loads up to 50 pounds.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Excessive use of arms in a back and forth motion.
- Ability to operate floor and carpet cleaning machines.
- Excessive stooping and bending.
- Exposure to odors.
- Exposure to disagreeable tasks or conditions.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Climbing stairs.
- May be designated as an "essential position" during emergency closures.
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies.
- Background check required, Physical abilities test required.
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.