Administrative Support Specialist
ID: 7107436 (Ref.No. ta221957)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM). CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies with training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
CPM has a full-time job opportunity for Admin Support Specialist to provide clerical support to a team of staff for established services. If you like to provide support by assisting with the scanning paper documents, naming them using an agreed naming convention and then dropping them into specific electronic folders, you might be the right person for our team. You would also locate documents through various database sources for our staff to make them available when needed, so typing efficiency and computer fluency is a necessary skill.
The primary job is providing detailed clerical support to the team as well as receptionist duties for the building to include the coordination of receiving and sending mail and packages for multiple CPM units in the area. This position receives initial training and then learns through following established written procedures as well as coaching and mentoring from multiple sources including peers, to ensure program deliverables and accountabilities are fulfilled daily for the work of the center. Ability to conform to specific guidelines and timetables is a requirement to ensure the needs of all customers, internal and external, are met.
Specific Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Performs database searches to provide documents by request from internal and external customers in the Case Initiation process for Child Support
- Completes timely mail processing to include opening, sorting, scanning, naming and dropping the end electronic product in the various appropriate folders for daily work of center staff
- Conducts timely data entry to add received documents into databases as needed
- Helps to track and document staff’s training and other documents to ensure required completions
- Documents personal daily work to track performance expectations on provided form and updates all finds in the system and program databases
The Admin Support Specialist focuses on customer needs, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates high integrity while meeting established policy and procedures; must be able to maintain effective, supportive professional and team relationships in both a virtual and live environment that meet departmental core value of Integrity, Resourcefulness, Collaboration, Commitment and Positive Relationships. Performs related duties as assigned. We provide an extensive on the job training program, with future opportunities for advancement.
You will have a desk workspace with daytime hours working onsite within a large, physical facility & limited staff contacts, including time off weekends and most state holidays.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED.
- 12 months office, clerical or administrative support experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, copying, filing, faxing, and mail
- Customer service
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions including movements of the hands, wrists or fingers. Ability to touch including finger dexterity. Ability to see and communicate including receiving detailed information orally or making fine discriminations in sound. Ability to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 25 lb.
- 24 months of office clerical experience with a working knowledge of Microsoft Access
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The interview process includes a test where candidates are required to view form documents and navigate computer screens and Microsoft Office.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.