Student Program Coordinator
ID: 7107438 (Ref.No. ta221836)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Stephenson School of Biomedical Engineering (SBME) at the University of Oklahoma (OU) is seeking an outstanding student program coordinator candidate. This position will primarily focus on undergraduate programs, with the opportunity to expand in the future to include developing and implementing targeted programs and services such as first year student engagement. In addition to excellence in assisting undergraduate activities, engagement with biomedical companies is expected. We welcome candidates whose service has prepared them to be an integral contributor to advancement of our inclusive and diverse community.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED, AND:
- 12 months of office/clerical experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Effective oral and written communications
- Mathematical and computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Great organizational skills
- Frequently exposed to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods;
- Will be required to travel to local high schools, conferences and student fairs;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Driving university vehicles to transport students for tours, recruiting events, etc. will be expected.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Education or related field
- 6 - 24 months of experience in Student Services or Student Programs
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.