Case Initiation Coordinator
ID: 7107441 (Ref.No. ta221943)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM). We are a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide state agencies with training, research and consultant support for professional and program development. We help to deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations that our state partners have.
CPM has full-time job opportunities for Child Support Research Specialists to provide services to establish child support cases. If you like to conduct detailed, research using online data sources, social media and other resources to find and verify/clarify information, this is the job for you.
You will have a cubicle workspace with daytime hours when onsite, including time off weekends and most state holidays. After an extensive onsite training program, you will have opportunity to begin gradually working from home with a more flexible schedule, as you are meeting production, quality & other performance standards, normally between 4-6 months from hire date
The primary job is building electronic records used to establish and enforce child support cases. This position receives ongoing training, coaching and mentoring from multiple sources including peers, leads, trainers, a quality specialist and supervisors, to ensure program deliverables and accountabilities are fulfilled in our ever-changing environment. Ability to conform to specific guidelines and timetables is a requirement to ensure the needs of all customers are met.
Specific Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Performs initial review, data collection and verification of child support information from electronic state assistance applications or direct written applications in the building or reopening of child support cases
- Conducts thorough, detailed and organized research using various search engines to complete the established processes within the federally mandated time frames
- Documents and updates all findings in the appropriate online system and in the center's databases
The Program Specialist focuses on the customer's need for child support services by collaborating with others, solving problems creatively, and demonstrating high integrity in meeting established policy and procedures for the University and for the customer. They must be able to maintain effective professional and team relationships in both a virtual and live environment that meets our department's core values of resourcefulness, collaboration, commitment, integrity and relationships; and perform related duties as assigned. We provide an extensive on the job training & professional development program, as well as the physical resources for the job, along with future opportunities for advancement.
This position requires a background check that involves a national search and fingerprint search to be eligible for employment. Results of the completed background check will be provided to the funding sponsor for their records.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 24 months professional experience in child support, social/government services, or office based customer service.
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months of related experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
- Composition and proofreading skills
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Ability to lift objects under 50 lbs. Must be able to enter data into a complex database on a daily basis. Frequent exposure (50 to 60%) to physical and/or mental stress or discomfort caused by deadlines and busy periods. Long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.