Dental Support Lab Manager
ID: 7107447 (Ref.No. ta222089)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Dentistry is seeking an experienced Manager to lead our digital dentistry initiatives in our Dental Support Lab. This individual will be responsible for the overall operation, administration, and performance of a department or college on behalf of the Director, Chair, or other designated executive, to include but not limited to full responsibility for accounting duties, financial analysis, payroll coordination, budget and report preparation, and policy development.
- Receive, input and prepare for shipment all outgoing cases for partner dental labs
- Receive, input, document and prep for pickup all incoming cases from partner dental labs
- Researches and prepares for faculty detailed information, background, curriculums and materials to support The Dental Schools implementation of digital dentures into school curriculum
- Prepares, analyzes and delivers to Supervisor detailed monthly reports on lab billing, costs by department, usage and deliverables
- Documents, records, tracks and analyzes detailed Dental Laboratory Quality Control information used to set standards, grade performance and to make critical decisions pertaining to the cases being sent to and delivered from Partner Dental Labs to OUHSC Dental patients
- Supervises office staff. Responsible for hiring, firing, training, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining, delegating tasks, overseeing work, and staff development.
- Anticipates staffing needs by analyzing workflow and strengths of employees
- Prepares departmental budget, reconciles accounts monthly, analyzes department financial procedures and creates cost spending certification reports to ensure money is spent correctly
- Makes recommendations for change and develops strategy for change
- Develops departmental policy by analyzing current procedures, work issues, and current events.
- Maintains policy and procedure manuals and documents process
- May act as the payroll coordinator for the department or assists the payroll coordinator by providing oversight.
- Reviews, edits, and approves employee timesheets, tracks leave, and special pays
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field.
Experience: 48 months experience as a Manager in an Accounting, Finance or Business office.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 96 months of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to communicate well and build rapport with faculty and staff
- Ability to produce reports
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a timely manner
Physical: Sit for prolonged periods. Communicate effectively and listen. Use of computer, calculator, and telephone. Engage in repetitive motion.
Environmental: Standard office environment
10+ years experience leading or supporting digital dentistry operations, sales or support
- Supervises CAD/CAM Engineer and Senior Dental Lab Technician