Research Technician II
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7107453 (Ref.No. 12653-en_US)
Posted: August 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) Pre-Graduate Education Trainee (PGET) will conduct research in a genetics/genomics research laboratory; wet-bench or computational duties determined by the laboratory assignment, take program courses that includes Molecular Cellular Biology, Bioinformatics Bootcamp, GREprep, and PGET Research Methods. Technician will attend weekly meeting and maintain grades and assignments.
- Participates in the HGSC-PGET post-baccalaureate program with intentions on entering Ph.D. program.
- Conducts routine laboratory experiments.
- Performs routine technical laboratory procedures.
- Enters data into research databases. Conducts computational analysis.
- Works on mouse genotyping, analysis of mouse tissues; histochemical staining of slides; immunofluorescence staining of slides.
- Assists in the preparation of laboratory reports; operates laboratory equipment; orders laboratory supplies and equipment; cleans equipment and work area.
- Works within a team to process samples in the production pipeline, as well as work on projects including protocol development and optimization.
- Attends weekly meeting and maintain grades and assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.