MGR STRATEGIC WORKFORCE MGMT BUSINESS OPS
ID: 7107681 (Ref.No. hlj_39025)
Posted: August 10, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The HR Team Member Relations and Workforce Management department is a team of trusted advisors dedicated to building leadership capabilities aligning with Moffitt's values and through core principles of Trust & Integrity, Collaboration, Authenticity, and valuing varied perspectives to ensure that every interaction makes a positive difference.
The Manager, Strategic Workforce Management (SWM) leads a team of HR Business Partner(s), Sr. TM Relations Advisor(s) and TM Relations Specialist(s) that support all Moffitt team members within their assigned operational areas. Specifically, the Manager, SWM directly supports: multiple Executive Vice President(s) and Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents, and Chairs within their assigned operational areas. Within MMG faculty and Research faculty the respective Manager, SWM supports and administers all faculty academic modification of duties/reduced effort, and other paid or unpaid leaves and facilitates the faculty counseling and faculty grievance and appeals processes.
The Manager, SWM ensures consistent application of the TM Relations & Workforce Management function. This role serves as the direct manager of their team and strategic partner to their assigned functional areas and the champion of value-added HR programs, ensuring departmental and business unit alignment in support of motivating, and retaining top talent. This individual possesses strong skills in building relationships, diagnosing issues, advising, influencing, and guiding all levels of management on the HR implications of business decisions related to aspects of people-management and leadership. The Manager, SWM will utilize experience, analytics and engagement within their assigned functional areas to conduct an evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiencies of HR programs and processes, while making recommendations to the Director, TM Relations & Workforce Management and the senior HR leadership team for tweaks to existing programs and processes, and ideas for new and innovative programs and processes. The Manager, SWM will partner cross-functionally with teams across Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, IDAM, Organizational Development, to create an aligned and effective people resources team. This role oversees the implementation of strategic solutions for the assigned client groups. The position reports directly to the Director TM Relations & Workforce Management and is part of the HR management team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High degree of confidence and experience collaborating with senior management, including VP and C-level executives
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity, talent management, talent development, performance management, organizational development, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience leading and developing an HR functional team including the ability to inspire, motivate, influence, and hold colleagues accountable to high standards.
- Demonstrated background in employee relations including investigations and corrective practices, performance management, training and development, and staffing and retention required.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in conducting workplace investigations.
- Effective at building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mastery of communication skills and styles, both written and verbal; demonstrated ability to effectively present information to internal and external partners.
- Political savvy
- Negotiation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and the use of Outlook and demonstrated competency using Outlook, electronic folders/drives, and HRIS systems for employee records, applicant tracking, performance management, etc.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all employee relations and workforce management matters related to the human resources function; Provide leadership and operational excellence within the TM Relations and Workforce Management function within the assigned functional areas.
- Serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Talent Management, Organization Design & Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration.
- Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource solutions.
- Responsible for the oversight, consulting, planning and approval of workforce realignment, and strategic planning within assigned operational areas and business units.
- Serve as the management level HR partner with stakeholders in Legal, Compliance, Risk Management.
- Guide management and employee actions by developing, writing, and updating SOP's, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business, Psychology, or related field.
- PHR/SPHR, or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP required.
- Minimum six (6) years of HR experience in employee relations with progressive HR generalist or business partner responsibilities, including at least four (4) years of experience directly managing complex employee relations matters and investigations.
- Minimum two (2) years experience supporting executives with workforce management (at the top 3 levels of an organization).
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience as a team/project lead, supervisor, manager or above, preferably in HR.
- Broad HR background, including some combination of experience in providing confidential counseling and coaching to all levels of the organization, exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation or organizational development.
- Demonstrable experience developing partnerships with business leaders.
- Proven working knowledge and broad-based experience with execution of and/or partnership with human resource disciplines including Org. Development, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, and performance management and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment, problem-solve, be creative and flexible.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field.
- Employee Relations professional certification; and/or AWI (Association of Workplace Investigators) certification; and/or SHRM Workplace Investigations Specialty Credential*Experience in an academic medical center or research setting
- Experience and training in coaching & leadership development
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Strong project management skills.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.