ID: 7108334 (Ref.No. ta222243)
Posted: August 17, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OUHSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OUHSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer. We are looking for an Admin/Fin Coordinator to join our Neurosurgery team!
- Provides administrative and financial assistance to Department of Neurosurgery by performing accounting, financial analysis, payroll, project coordination, personnel and administrative coordination, and event planning
- Assit with managing all departmental accounts
- Reconciles monthly financial reports to clear outstanding expenses, payroll, budget revisions, and transfers
- Creates cost spending certification reports
- Monitors and ensures money is spent correctly
- Sets up new vendors and ensures invoices are on the correct accounts
- Makes cash deposits into special accounts
- Assit with maintaining budget and grant administration, Pcard management, and OU Foundation funds
- Analyzes departmental financial procedures
- Makes recommendations for change and develops strategy for change
- Acts as the backup payroll coordinator for the department or provides oversight
- Collects time sheets, enters into PeopleSoft, tracks leave, completes ETR's and special pays
- Submits all paper PAF, EPAF, EDR, travel, and PET's
- Picks up pay checks as needed
- Coordinates and carries out projects or assignments requiring initiative, independent action and specialized knowledge or expertise
- Completes new employee paperwork and ensures accuracy
- Contacts various offices to request information as needed
- Opens and monitors positions in PeopleSoft, updates time supervisor, assigns required trainings, and runs reports as needed
- Secures computer access. Works with Human Resources Department on various issues
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to ordering and tracking supplies, making travel arrangements, reimbursements, keeping a calendar, setting up meetings and appointments, and assisting with various awards and award committees
- Assists with the development, implementation, and interpretation of policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state and university policies and regulations
- Assist with special events, to include but not limited to ordering catering, mailing invitations, setting up PA system, assisting speakers, and reserving rooms
- Ensures work is completed in a timely manner
- Oversees records maintenance (inventory, personnel, office files, etc)
- Assist with providing Faculty support with purchases, travel and faculty liaison, policies and procedures, faculty awards, funding requests, reimbursement requests
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or related field.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelors degree.
- Working knowledge of office procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to multitask and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Advanced computer skills with wide knowledge of business software
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Physical: Sit for prolonged periods. Communicate effectively and listens. Engages in repetitive motion. Stand, reach, stoop, and bend.
- Environmental:Standard Office Environment. Possiblity of some remote work
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.