Graduate Periodontics Program Director
Oklahoma City, OK
ID: 7108522 (Ref.No. if101009)
Posted: August 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Direct Supervisor: Division Head
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Consecutive
- Title/Rank: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
- Primary Location: OU Health Sciences Center - Oklahoma City, OK
The Division of Periodontics, specifically the Graduate Periodontics Program within the Diagnostic and Preventative Sciences Department, at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Graduate Periodontics Program Director position at the Assistant/Associate Professor faculty level. The Program Director will be responsible for all academic, patient care, research, and administrative functions of the Graduate Periodontics Program consistent with applicable rules, regulations, or guidelines of the College of Dentistry, the University of Oklahoma and the American Dental Association Council on Accreditation.
The successful candidate will join an energetic periodontal department committed to excellence in teaching didactic and clinical courses in the postgraduate periodontal program. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing, and supervising a quality advanced education program for graduate students in periodontics.
- Assigning and scheduling faculty to specific teaching responsibilities in a way that will maximize the quality of the educational program.
- Preparing course schedules for each semester.
- Preparing, scheduling and administering the on-boarding of new residents each July and the on-going evaluation of resident performance.
- Participating in research and encouraging research by faculty and residents; and providing oversight and guidance for M.S. thesis projects.
- Presiding at periodic meetings of the program faculty; supervising program staff members; making recommendations on budgetary needs of the program; managing the program budget; performing other duties necessary for effective and efficient operation of the graduate periodontics program.
- Dental degree (DDS, DMD or equivalent).
- Certificate of advanced training in Periodontics at an ADA Accredited institution.
- Eligibility for licensure in the State of Oklahoma.
- Board certification by the American Board of Periodontology.
Preferences (Not Required)
- Prior experience leading a graduate-level dental program.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and posting will remain open until filled.
- Applicants are required to provide a CV, Cover Letter and Verification of Certification with the American Board of Periodontology