Senior PeopleSoft Applications Developer
ID: 7108944 (Ref.No. ta220554)
Posted: August 24, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Title- Senior PeopleSoft Applications Developer (level III)
Team- IT Enterprise Applications
Main system of support is PeopleSoft FSCM (Financials and Supply Chain Management) and occasional
support for PeopleSoft HCM (Human Capital Management). Secondary role of offering support to third party applications
such as AppWorx, Adaptive and Gideon Taylor eForms.
Do you have a strong initiative to solve problems?
The function of this position is that of an Application Developer who will work closely with administrative and academic
offices on campus to plan, develop, implement and support our mission critical ERP systems such as Oracle's PeopleSoft
FSCM and HCM applications.
As an integral member of a team of cross-functional developers, this position will ensure the stability, and uptime of the University’s enterprise systems and any relevant third-party applications ensuring that the service and business needs of the entire campus is met.
Do these things interest you?
- Working with PeopleSoft Integration broker, creating modifying, maintaining application packages, working with general API's?
- Development technologies - Oracle SQL+, XML, HTML, PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Application Designer, Application Engine, workflow, SQR, Integration Broker, Component Interfaces
- Team dynamics- dispersed/virtual hybrid team with cross departmental collaboration requirements
The position will be located in Norman with a flexible and/or remote option possible for experienced candidates.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree AND:
- 48 months experience in application and software development and/or custom solutions
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the bachelor’s degree for a total of 96 months
- Provides leadership for the development of new solutions, modifications/customizations/updates of existing solutions as required by the customer.
- Utilizes development tools to design, implement and maintain processes that involve XML,. Java, BI Publisher, Web Services, Application Engine, workflow, and various interfaces
- Provides application support including system monitoring and processing, handling user questions and queries, investigating and solving environment issues, supporting third party integrations, providing on-call services to support mission critical systems.
- Performs business analysis to gather customer business requirements.
- Prepares and maintains functional and technical specification documents.
- Supports application upgrades, including code/object retrofits.
- Develops SQL queries as needed to validate data.
- Performs unit and system testing as needed.
- Works with team leaders and other colleagues to assure compatibility and consistency across other systems and applications.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and applications.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Sit for prolonged periods.
- Experience with Oracle SQL+ and PeopleTools
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application engine, SQR, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode, XTML and HTML.
- PS Integration broker
- PS application packages
- General API
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.