Intermediate PeopleSoft Application Developer
ID: 7108945 (Ref.No. ta220556)
Posted: August 24, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Title- Intermediate PeopleSoft Applications Developer (level II)
Team- IT Enterprise Applications
Main system of support is PeopleSoft FSCM (Financials and Supply Chain Management) and occasional
support for PeopleSoft HCM (Human Capital Management). Secondary role of offering support to third party applications
such as AppWorx, Adaptive and Gideon Taylor eForms.
Do you have a strong initiative to solve problems?
The function of this position is that of an Application Developer who will work closely with administrative and academic
offices on campus to plan, develop, implement, and support our mission critical ERP systems, such as Oracle's PeopleSoft FSCM and HCM applications.
As an integral member of a team of cross-functional developers, this position will ensure the stability, and uptime of the University’s enterprise systems and any relevant third-party applications ensuring that the service and business needs of the entire campus is met.
Do these things interest you?
- Working with PeopleSoft Integration broker, creating modifying, maintaining application packages, working with general API's?
- Development technologies - Oracle SQL+, XML, HTML, PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Application Designer, Application Engine, workflow, SQR, Integration Broker, Component Interfaces
- Team dynamics- dispersed/virtual hybrid team with cross departmental collaboration requirements
This position will be located in Norman with a flexible and/or remote option possible for experienced candidates.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree AND:
- 24 months experience in application and software development or custom solutions
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree for a total of 72 months
- Develops new/modifies existing solutions as required by the customer.
- Translates user needs to customize software, design prototype applications, implements and tests source code, troubleshoots FSCM/HCM applications.
- Provides expertise and serves as a mentor to other application developers.
- May assign and manage projects.
- Design prototypes according to customer specifications.
- Develops software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Creates/modifies and implements custom objects based on specifications.
- Tests and debugs source code.
- Supports application upgrades, including code/object retrofits.
- Develops/updates technical documentation to represent any code changes performed.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Sit for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity.
- Experience with Oracle SQL+ and PeopleTools, PeopleSoft Application Engine, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode, XTML and HTML, Integration broker, application engines, application packages and SQR,
- General API
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.