ID: 7109491 (Ref.No. hlj_39332)
Posted: September 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position will direct, coordinate and evaluate the outpatient clinical operations and treatment center and will be responsible for the operational management of ambulatory clinics and related programs. Oversees clinical and ancillary staff, ensuring the smooth flow of quality patient care from the time of patient scheduling to patient checkout. The position will work collaboratively with all leadership at the Center and will utilize leadership and management skills to support the mission, vision and strategy of the Center. This position will effectively maintain a system of monitoring the quality, safety, productivity and the appropriateness of services provided to achieve the best care possible utilizing Patient and Family Centered Care principles. This position will ensure that all clinical, academic and faculty support activities comply with budgetary, hospital, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center with provision oversight of the following areas: ambulatory settings, i.e., clinics, and other areas as needed. He/she works with nursing leadership and others to provide overall administrative direction and leadership for clinical staff, policies, procedures, and programs. Responsible for planning, organization, and administration of nursing services to include staffing, training and development communications, and documentation to maintain quality patient care standards and advise medical staff, department heads, and the administrator in matters related to nursing services.
- Master’s Degree in (MSN, MS, MPH, MBA or MHA) required.
- Bachelor’s in nursing is required
- State of Florida RN License is required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a nursing leadership or nurse management role.
- Oncology experience. Experience in academic teaching hospital or cancer center setting highly desirable
- Skilled in strategic and tactical planning to move Nursing Services/Patient Care Services forward in achievement/accomplishment.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of patient care processes.
- Skilled in all phases of budgeting (capital, operational, labor and special projects) as well as financial analysis.
- Clinical experience with diverse oncology patient mix, including bone marrow/stem cell transplantation and hematology oncology.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent decision making, promoting safe patient care and customer satisfaction required.
- Interpersonal skills to provide effective leadership to team members and faculty and maintain a collaborative working relationship in an interdisciplinary model.
- Analytical abilities necessary to assure day-to-day operations and strategic planning for future services.
- Demonstrated skills and aptitude for positive physician relations, conflict resolution, problem-solving, staff development and time management
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.