MGR PROGRAM SCHEDULING SPECIALIST
ID: 7109732 (Ref.No. hlj_39792)
Posted: September 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager of Program Scheduling Specialists is responsible for the efficient and effective management of Surgery Scheduling Specialists and the surgery scheduling process. This role works collaboratively with Scheduling Specialists, nurses, physicians, mid-levels, administrators, outside organizations, and other staff to provide the highest quality patient care and customer service.
We are looking for a Manager of Program Scheduling Specialists to join our team.
- This position serves as a business owner for program surgery scheduling processes ensuring that all staff are trained and that they are delivering and providing the highest level of quality service.
- This role collaborates with multiple providers, clinical staff, patient registration staff, diagnostic and ancillary departments, multiple outside hospitals, clinic managers, referring physician offices and outside health care agencies.
- Responsibilities include managing the day to day operations of the surgery scheduling unit, surgery scheduling systems and the coordination of IT support.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Surgery scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Cerner systems or electronic records
- Managerial experience in a surgery center managing schedulers and registration staff
- Excellent organization skills
- Manage day to day operations of surgery scheduling, ensuring the competency of all staff and develop and implement consistent practices, processes, and procedures to maximize patient flow and resource utilization.
- Function as a liaison with Peri operative services departments building strong collaborative relationships and best practices with stakeholders.
- Manage surgery scheduling systems and coordinate IT fixes, upgrades and changes.
- Identify and advocate for resources to provide adequate staffing levels while optimizing productivity and promoting a positive environment, encouraging teamwork, efficiency and cooperation.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a medical setting
- 2 years of experience in a leadership type role managing scheduling or patient registration
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.