ID: 7110038 (Ref.No. ta222480)
Posted: September 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomas, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM) because that is what we do daily. CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies, staff, service providers, clients and community partners training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
Provides services to publicly funded clients of the Center for Public Management;
- Plans, monitors logistics, and provide support for trainings, conferences and programs
- Coordinates service delivery with customers, contractors, vendors, and OU/CPM staff
- Coordinates scheduling of activities
- Works with CPM Learning Consultants/Project Managers to prepare cost estimates for project budgets and expense reports
- Creates, reproduces and distributes training and support materials to meet established training event deliverables
- Assists in coordination of training facilities, lodging, and travel arrangements
- Provides on-site event support to include registration, AV support, training evaluations, and other logistical supports as needed for the event
- Compiles, reports and maintains training-related data for program evaluation and reports
- Will perform other related duties as required.
This position may be eligible for remote or hybrid work.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree, AND:
- 12 months experience in event planning and coordination, outreach or public relations.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 60 months experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Customer service
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions including movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers. Finger dexterity required. Ability to communicate including expressing oneself and exchanging detailed information with others orally. Ability to lift moderate objects up to 50 pounds.
- One year experience working within a learning management system
- One year experience working with virtual platforms such as Zoom or Teams
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.