Energy Program Specialist
ID: 7110044 (Ref.No. ta222350)
Posted: September 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM) because that is what we do daily. CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies, staff, service providers, clients and community partners training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
The Energy Program Specialist provides support to the Energy Assistance program to perform functions in customer service and county support for escalated assistance referrals.
Required Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED, AND:
- Required: 24 months experience in a call center or front line customer service.
- Proficient using a computer and telephone
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to build rapport with the caller
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, copying, filing, faxing, and mail
- Customer service skills
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Ability to handle stressful, complicated, and heated calls in a professional and calm manner
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sit for prolonged periods. Communicate effectively and listen. Engage in repetitive motion. Use of computer and telephone. Standard office environment.
- Knowledge of family support benefit programs including the energy assistance program.
- 18 months experience with energy assistance program
- 18 months experience with inbound phone support
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.