Communications / Public Safety Officer
ID: 7110341 (Ref.No. 22S151009)
Posted: September 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year experience in dispatching or in law enforcement, security, military or firefighting experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have, or be willing to obtain within one year of employment, CPR and First Aid certification
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and under both direct and indirect supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- A high degree of dedication, honesty, and objectivity
- Computer literacy
- Ability to meet and maintain physical requirements of the position
- Ability to work flexible hours and scheduled and non-scheduled overtime
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
This position has been deemed “essential” by the University to ensure the continuation of critical University operations, attend to the needs of students and others, and protect the University’s assets during an emergency or when the University has closed or suspended operations. University employees designated as “essential” personnel must remain on duty or report to work as regularly scheduled to avoid interruption of essential services unless directed or permitted to do otherwise, as indicated by their department supervisor.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Completion of basic Public Safety Telecommunicator Training Course.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Sociology or a related field desired but not necessary to apply. A Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Sociology or a related field can be used as a one-year equivalent for one year of dispatching, public safety or security experience.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.